Constitution and Bylaws
Swimming River Bass Masters
ARTICLE I: NAME
1. This organization shall be known SWIMMING RIVER BASS MASTERS INC.
ARTICLE II: PURPOSE
1. To stimulate public awareness of bass fishing as a sport.
2. To promote full adherence to state conservation codes.
3. To improve our skills as bass anglers through fellowship and a friendly exchange of fishing techniques and ideas
4. To promote and encourage the release of fish caught.
5. To improve bass fishing throughout the state of New Jersey
ARTICLE III: MEMBERSHIP
1. Minimum age of membership is eighteen (18)years.
2. Applicant for membership must be sponsored by a member in good standing.
3. Applicant will be placed on probation until they have attended six monthly meetings in the year
4. At the conclusion of probationary period, applicant will be voted upon by a quorum of the attending membership.
5. A member may be removed from the membership for the following reasons:
A) Violation of State Fish and Game Laws.
B) Drunkenness and fighting March.
D) Tournament cheating.
E) A member in bad standing with NJ Bass Nation
F) A member who is removed from the rolls is not eligible for re-appliation for a period of one (1) year from the date of removal.
G) Removal from membership rolls requires unanimous vote from Board of Directors.
ARTICLE IV: FEES
1. MEMBERSHIP DUES
The membership dues shall be determined at the September meeting per member, paid
annually. $50.00 of the dues shall be payable at the last planned meeting of the year
(usually month of november) in order to maintain membership for the following year
poster. The balance is due by the march meeting of the fiscal year. Dues shall not be
refunded for any reason.
A. NEW MEMBERS
If a prospective member joins by April 30th or sooner, the full annual dues amount must be paid. If a prospective member chooses to join after April 30th he dues shall be prorated to remaining months til the November meeting when first installment of dues are due If perspective member decides to leave duringthe probationary period or not voted in the $50 will not be refunded.
ARTICLE V: RULES OF ORDER
1. ROBERTS RULES OF ORDER shall govern in all matters not covered by this
constitution and bylaws.
ARTICLE VI: GOVERNING BODY
1. SWIMMING RIVER BASS MASTERS INC. shall be governed by a board of directors comprised of a President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and Tournament Director.
2. The interpretation of these bylaws is up to the Governing Body.
ARTICLE VII: ELECTION OF OFFICERS
1. President Elected in September by majority vote; term starts in October; may serve no more than two (2) consecutive terms. May stay a third term if no other member is running.
2. Vice President Elected by majority vote in September; term starts in October; may not serve more than two (2) consecutive terms. May stay a third term if no other member is running.
3. Secretary Elected by majority vote in September; takes office in October; no restriction as to consecutive terms.
4. Treasurer Elected by majority vote in September; term starts in October; no restriction on consecutive terms.
5. Tournament Director Nominated and elected by majority vote in September; term starts in October; no restrictions on consecutive terms.
ARTICLE VIII: ELIGIBILITY TO VOTE:
1. Member must be in good standings with SWIMMING RIVER BASS MASTERS INC. and the NJ BASS NATION.
2. A probationary member may not vote.
3. No writein votes with the exception of the vote taken for a new member.
4. No proxy votes.
ARTICLE IX: COMMITTEES
1. Committees are to be appointed by the President.
ARTICLE X: VACANCIES OF OFFICE:
1. Article VIIE NJBCCF by laws: In the event of a vacant office, the President shall appoint a replacement to fill the UNexpired term, with the approval of a majority of the delegates present.
ARTICLE XI: DUTIES OF OFFICERS:
A. The president shall preside at all the meetings of the club.
B. He shall be an exofficio member of all committees.
C. He shall preside at all meetings of the Board of Directors and shall perform all duties as are incidental to the office of President.
2. Vice President:
A. In the absence of the President he shall exercise all of the functions of the
President and shall be vested with all of his powers.
A. The Secretary shall have charge of all papers,keep such records make such reports and perform such duties as are incidental to that office and properly required of him by the organization.
A. The treasurer shall have charge of the funds of the Club, shall conduct its
banking business and audit all accounts. Checks drawn shall be signed by both
the President and Treasurer
5. Tournament Director:
A. The Tournament Director shall make up the tournament schedule, oversee all
club tournaments, and make all decisions of the outcome of all club tournaments, and the Tournament Director’s decision of club tournaments is final.
ARTICLE XII: ELIGIBILITY OF OFFICE:
1. A candidate for office be a full member in good standing for a period of six (6)
months prior to election or appointment to an office.
2. Must make 60% of club functions.
ARTICLE XIII; QUORUMS:
1. Minimum of six (6) members, long as one is at the board of directors (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Tournament Director is present.
2. A simple majority is required to vote upon and pass issues.
ARTICLE XIV: AMENDING OF BYLAWS:
1. Proposed changes or additions to these bylaws must be presented, voted upon,
and passed at three (3) consecutive monthly meetings.